Institut Superieur de l'Aeronautique et de l'Espace
Paris, Poitiers, and Toulouse, France
The ISAE-Institut Superieur de l’Aeronautique et de l’Espace Space Summer Program will provide junior and senior students with an overall knowledge of space fundamentals from a European point of view. Participants should have a strong interest in space with a solid background in aeronautics and/or space sciences.
The program includes scientific and technical courses, conferences, a 4-day workshop, and visits to both the space industry and cultural/historical locations. This exciting program will take place at four different Groupe ISAE locations in Paris-Saclay, Poitiers, Toulouse and Salon de Provence.
- Good standing with the College of Engineering
- Junior or Senior
- Completion of ECE 205/206 AND AE 202 AND AE 312, AND AE 353 are required for participation in this program
- No foreign language requirement for this program
- Passport valid for 6 months after program dates and with at least two blank visa pages
- Visa may be required.
This is a 4 week program in which the first week is spent in Paris-Saclay, the 2nd week in Poitiers, the 3rd in Toulouse, and the last week in Salon de Provence. Courses and visits are performed in English. The program is tailored for undergraduate students with a solid background knowledge in aeronautics and/or space sciences. A good background in general sciences is expected.
Students must have all courses pre-approved for Illinois credit through the IPENG office. Information on the course approval process and a link for the pre-approval database which contains all courses with existing UIUC course equivalents can be found at https://my.engr.illinois.edu/studyabroadcourses/.
All classes in this program will be taught in English, with the exception of language courses.
LAS 291/292 Orientation Course
All accepted students must participate in various orientation meetings and enroll in an 8-week orientation course, LAS 291/292.
All credit earned on this program will count as Illinois credit on your Illinois transcript based on the following:
- 4 hrs AE tech elect
- 2-3 hrs western humanities
Program fulfills the residency requirement of the International Minor.
HOUSINGStudents will live in student housing or hotels with breakfast and lunch provided on weekdays only.
For the costs associated with this program, please scroll to the top of this page and find the box labeled “Budget Sheets” and click on the term during which you want to participate.
Financial aid can be applied to the cost of the program. The applicable amount depends on your financial aid package. For information, please visit https://www.osfa.illinois.edu/process/study-abroad or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- IPENG Travel Fellowship (including ABE and ChemE students)
- Illinois for Illinois (I4I) & additional Campus Scholarships
HOW TO APPLYThere is a two-step application process:
Phase 1: The University of Illinois Study Abroad Office Application:
- Click the Apply Now button at the top-right of this page to apply. You may only apply to one program per term. Log in with your UIUC netid and password. Once you start the application you will be charged a non-refundable application fee.
- Submit all application materials by the deadline listed below.
After the application deadline, we will review all completed applications and nominate students for available spots in each exchange program. Application decisions are released two to three weeks after each deadline.
Phase 2: Host University Application
- If you are accepted to participate in this program, you will work with your International Programs in Engineering Study Abroad Advisor to apply directly to the host university, who will formally admit you to the exchange program.
- Once formally accepted by the host university, you will then work with the Study Abroad Advisor at the host university to coordinate all aspects of your stay such as course registration, lodging, and arrival information.
International Programs in Engineering (IPENG)
210 Engineering Hall
1308 West Green Street
Urbana, IL 61801
Phone: (217) 244-0054
Hours: Mondays – Thursdays 1:00 pm - 4:00 PM (CST) Walk-ins
Otherwise by appointment, to schedule an appointment please visit https://my.engr.illinois.edu/advising/
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
Indicates that deadline has passed